HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Mr. Smurf
Icon

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:22 pm

Yeah for me 1 & 2 were pretty good movies, 2 my favorite, but then I watched maybe 2-3 more and it kinda turned to shit. Thirsty Mofos

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:19 am

Saw III (2006)

Terror Level: High

This movie was good. The series still has a bunch of good twist and turns. And I liked the tests Jigsaw was putting everyone through. It wasn't exciting as the last movie though. And the plots were not as good as the last two.

I rated Saw 9/10 and Saw II 8/10. This one gets a 7/10. So the series has keeps falling in quality in my opinion. I got a feeling the gore is just gonna get too much to handle as this series continues.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:40 am

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Terror Level: Medium

I love this movie. It's really what zombie movies should be all about. Part of the fun is the drama that goes on between the survivors. It's a great movie and any fan of horror should watch this.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:10 am

Saw IV (2007)

Each Saw film keeps dropping one star rating, this one getting 6/10. That's an okay rating but nothing you have to go out and see. Maybe people who wanted to learn more about Jigsaw and how he became Jigsaw could bump it up a star rating.

The filmmakers had a chance to make this super suspenseful but decided to go the rout of gore and the famous twists and turns. They could have kept the gore the same and made it more suspenseful.

I guess the major problem is watching all the Saw movies together. They all kinda end the same way. Someone gets fucked in the end. And IV has the same kinda ending.

The story itself is weaker from the previous honestly. They don't give themselves much time between releases so the quality has been going down.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:06 pm

The Mummy (1932)

Terror Level: Low

This was a follow up to Frankenstein but it wasn't as good. It's an alright film. The only scary part is in the first few minutes.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:48 am

Halloween II (1981)

This is the first time I ever seen this Halloween movie. For some reason AMC never played it. It wasn't as good as the first film but it was still enjoyable to watch. I would have been fine with this being the final film though unlike some people here I did enjoy Season of The Witch.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:50 am

Saw V (2008)

This was less of a horror film and more of a thrilling mystery movie. Though true to the nature of this series there was plenty of gore. The part where the people had to put their hand on a moving saw blade... man that's gruesome. I thought this movie was good but I been watching one everyday. I don't think someone would like it if they started off watching Saw V without seeing the first 4.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:21 pm

House of the Long Shadows (1983)

This was a really enjoyable mystery film with some of the best horror movie actors ever. There was a scare here and there with several good twists. And I really liked the nice ending. You don't really know if the movie was all in the writer's mind or maybe the house was really haunted. I think the house was haunted and the house just used the faces of people the writers seen before for the haunting.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:22 am

The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

I was pleasantly surprised by this. This movie looks like The Last House On The Left but it's better. It's more frightening and the story is more interesting. I was really annoyed how much screaming one girl did and how stupid Bobby Jr. was at several points. And the climax happens and the movie is over. The bad guy is killed and the screen says The End. That really feels off. But it's a good film and I wouldn't have a problem seeing it again.

The cannibal family looked out of this world.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:15 am

Saw VI (2009)

This movie is better than the last 3 and is almost as good as 2. Maybe I'm just being desensitized by all the gore from the last several film but it didn't seem as messy as the last few films. Also we're getting more of the investigations from the FBI. More of that and this would fit right in with the Hannibal Lector films. Well like I said before I can't see someone just watching this film and enjoying it the same without watching the last 5 films.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Mad Monster Party? (1967)

Terror Level: None

I thought this would have been more fun to watch. Boris Karloff isn't used as much as I would have liked and the movie was very dull at times without him. I didn't expect any terrors Thirsty Mofos

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:56 pm

The Thing from Another World (1951)

This was the only movie based on Who Goes There? that I haven't seen it. It was better than I expected. It wasn't nearly as scary as John Carpenter's The Thing. The alien is lame compared to the novel and later films. The went with a giant vegetable instead of a body snatcher. But the movie is good and the climax is suspenseful.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:07 am

Saw 3D: The Final Chapter (2010)

I liked this movie. Not perfect but I enjoyed the story. I came into this thinking it was going to get shitty and I never ended up rating any of the movies below 6/10. Saw movies are not the most scary films ever made. They are some of the most gruesome movies I seen. There were a few times I had to cover my eyes and look away.

Like I said before it's episodic to a fault. I wouldn't just watch Saw 3D with a friend if he never saw any of the other movies. It would be like watching a finale of a TV show without seeing any other episode.

Saw was a good series of horror films. I know they wanna make another film. I don't look forward to it like the next James Bond or the next Star Wars but I'm interested where they go next. I'll most likely get it when its out on Blu-Ray.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:44 am

Hellraiser (1987)

Been forever since I seen this film. A lot less scary since I seen it. It's been so long I totally forgot what the plot was. This is a good horror film. The ending was really weird.

Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:11 pm

So I've started back up my horror kick since the beginning of the month and this is what I've watched so far, when able:

Sinister: 4/5
Sinister 2: 3/5
Village of the Damned: 4/5
Orphan: 2/5
Hatchet: 3/5
Hatchet 2: 3/5
Hatchet 3: 3/5
Hellraiser: 5/5
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2: 5/5
Hellraiser 3: Hell on Earth: 4/5
Hellraiser: Bloodline: 3/5
Hellraiser: Inferno: 2/5
Hellraiser: Hellseeker: 2/5
Hellraiser: Deader: 3/5
Hellraiser: Hellworld: 4/5
Hellraiser: Revelations: 3/5
Wishmaster: 5/5
Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies: 5/5
Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell: 1/5
Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled: 0/5
A Serbian Film: -100000000000dfjffjfej/5
The Collector: 5/5
The Collection: 5/5
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:14 pm

Had Terrorthon III over at my house affraid

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)

I making a tradition of starting off The Terrorthon with a silent movie.

House on Haunted Hill (1959)

Really glad my cousin picked this since I wanted to watch it good job

Zombieland (2009)

This was a really funny movie. Exceeded my expectations.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Here's another movie I picked. I love this movie.

Poltergeist (2015)

This is the only film I didn't see before last night. It was a bit disappointing. It's not as good as the original film.

V/H/S (2012)

Kinda bummed out I had to watch this again. A friend came in right at the end of the last film and picked this one and left BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Shining (1980)

Terror Level: Panic panic

I got the last pick and I choose one of my favorite movies of all time panic

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:52 pm

It's October once again my friends!!! panic

The Tingler (1959)

I started off the spooks with this William Castle film. It's so campy and I love it. There's a few scares here and there as well!

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:59 am

The Blair Witch Project (1999)

Wow! This movie was brilliant! The filmmakers did a great job of making this look and seem like it was a documentary. I thought it was great that it seemed almost like this could have been someone just fucking with out trio. They picked the right ending to make it seemed like it could have not been a supernatural story. I think someone could question if there really was a Blair Witch or if someone was just screwing with these people's heads before killing them.

Of course this isn't real but I think I think it's great when a film allows to speculate like that. That's one of the reasons Blade Runner is so great.

I was honestly annoyed for the first quarter or third of the film but the film really grabbed when once they found the stick men figures. I almost hope we never really get to see The Blair Witch because honestly it would probably be a disappointing compared to what people can imagine.

Targets (1968)

Honestly this movie is a lot more suspenseful than scary but I had something kinda funny happen to me yesterday that I didn't think about until just now. I was walking to the store and some drunk was walking on the street. And for some reason he was pretending he was holding a rifle and that he was shooting people driving by and walking around. Kinda like this movie. No idea why he was doing that but the idea a shooting can happen anywhere anytime without and warning for you is a scary thought.

This movie was a nice send off for Boris Karloff. He's worried if he's able to scare anyone anymore with these new mass murders that was happening in America. So he tells his agent that he's retiring. But not before he makes one more public appearance.

The final scene is great. I loved it. I'll admit I marked out when Karloff slapped the mad shooter around.

TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:15 pm

Mr. Sardonicus

It wasn't scary. But it was a good movie.
Back to top Go down
AKBOB
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:27 am

Resident Evil

It was a little bit scary.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:07 am

Alright, so I saw Resident Evil and V/H/S 2 with Moose.
I dig RE, but the movies could've done better. I'd give it a 5/10 tbh
As for V/H/S 2, all I gotta say is: what the fuck.
7/10
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:41 am

Mr. Sardonicus (1961)

That face is horrifying! I started today off with another William Castle film. The Castle gimmick here was people were handed this card to vote on an ending for the film to decide the fate of Sardonicus. Theater goers were told that they can either decide to have either a good ending or a bad ending. But the reality was there's only a bad ending for Sardonicus. This is a good movie.

Resident Evil (2002)

I only played a few of the Resident Evil games. I don't know how this movie compares to the experience of the original games but I think it's cool they went with a different story.

I was expecting mostly an action film but there's elements of horror throughout the movie.

V/H/S/2 (2013)

I think the camera work improved a lot since the first film. I didn't feel sick at all watching this one.

We didn't get the great stories like the first movie had. But we didn't get any of the stinkers either. All the stories were really scary except for A Ride in the Park. But I thought it was such a cool and funny idea. Having a zombie wearing a Go Pro was genius.

Clown (2014)

I'm totally with Burdur on this movie. It's bad.

This seemed like something that could have been really horrifying if it wasn't so bad! There's just too many "because movie" moments for me to really enjoy this. It's too late for me to really go on a rant on this. I'd recommend skipping this.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 am

The Cat and the Brain is a weird movie. I wouldn't classify it as horror at all tbh. Just a mental guy having delusions and being brainwashed. Most of the gore looked fake, and the 'movies' this guy was making were all circled around the same thing. 3/10

I actually really like Young Frankenstein. It had Gene Wilder in it, and it's a Mel Brooks film.
It did follow the book Frankenstein to a T tbh, and I more or less enjoyed that.
I'd give it a 4/10 as a horror film.

Okay, so Deathgasm is just.. I don't know. It was a wild ride from start to finish. I liked most of the music that was played, because the sick guitar riffs were heavy af, but it wasn't all that scary. It had it's moments where it was pretty gory, and it did make me laugh a few times.
6/10
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:05 am

A Cat in the Brain (1990)

Is Lucio Fulci unable to make a good movie.

This was kinda interesting. Lucio Fulci played himself. He has directed so many horror films that he starts seeing horror and sex scenes play out in his mind. His psychiatrist takes advantage of this and kills people while plotting to frame Fulci for the murders.

It sounds like it could be a fun movie but as usual Fulci makes a mess of a film. It's gory alright but it's confusing most of the time and the acting is awful. There wasn't even a climax!

Young Frankenstein (1974)

Obviously this Mel Brooks classic is no horror film. Kitty and I just needed a good film to wash the horrible taste in our mouths that the Fulci film gave us.

Deathgasm (2015)

This was a really cool idea for a movie! It's hard for me to believe that no one else has made a movie where death metal summons demons and the big guy Satan himself.

TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Microwave Massacre (1983)

I would have given this movie a 1/10 if I didn't get a few laughs at this film.

I was really looking forward to seeing this. I bought this movie because the case art caught my eye and who wouldn't want to find out what a movie called Microwave Massacre was about? Well I was really disappointed.

There's plenty of dull moments throughout the movie. This isn't scary at all.

Jackie Vernon cracks some good jokes and the scenes where the girls got sandwiched with giant pieces of bread was over the top fun. And there's a lot of boobies.

Don't watch this.

The Uninvited (1944)

Whoa! This was a weird movie for 1944. It was really ahead of it's time. Back then most horror films had some kind of monster or ghoul but this was a ghost story.

And it was eerie! Honestly I wasn't expecting a lot of the scaring tricks they used in this film.

I really like this film.

Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next