HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Phil Spencer: ‘I’ll Work On Making Amends For Street Fighter’

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Phil Spencer: ‘I’ll Work On Making Amends For Street Fighter’   Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 am

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/12/08/phil-spencer-i-ll-work-on-making-amends-for-street-fighter.aspx

At Gamescom this year, Microsoft fired a shot in the console war with the announcement that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a timed Xbox exclusive. Last week, Sony fired back with its own third-party deal.

We reported (and then were able to confirm) that Street Fighter V will be exclusive to PlayStation 4 and PC. We now know that this deal isn’t a timed one. If you want to play Street Fighter V, you won’t be able to do it on Xbox One.

In response, head of Xbox Phil Spencer took to Twitter to address fan concerns.

Kyleaf Francois @BRUSH0GUN
@XboxP3 Mr Spencer with Street Fighter 5 becoming a PS4 exclusive how do you feel about that  ,and what do you say to the FGC

Phil Spencer        ✔ @XboxP3
Follow
@BRUSH0GUN I'd love it if XBOX fans could play all the games, but business just makes some deals happen. It's all part of competition.

David @broggiedoge
@XboxP3 just give me a new banjo kazooie or conker and we can forget this whole SF thing happened Phil.

Follow
@broggiedoge Love the idea of game franchise bartering, I'll work on making amends for SF.

Spencer did take the opportunity to point to Microsoft exclusive Killer Instinct, stating his view on first-party investments.

Casella @CapitanoCasella
@XboxP3 What did you think of street fighter 5 being an exclusive to PS4/PC? Is there any hope of it coming to xbox one in the near future?

Follow
@CapitanoCasella Business deals happen. We won't do all of them. When we have a 1st party franchise in a genre I'd rather invest in ours.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Phil Spencer: ‘I’ll Work On Making Amends For Street Fighter’   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Wow. I never even heard of Killer Instinct before Funny

Phil Spencer: ‘I’ll Work On Making Amends For Street Fighter’

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1