HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:49 pm

Raikkonen signed a contract to stay at Ferrari for next season 2016
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Updated panic
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Ugh I had a miserable week lol but congrats Chilly clap
I wonder where Tim was?

Whatever mechanic put the wrong tyre on Botas' car was so fired this morning lol
How embarassing for the team.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:18 pm

I don't think Tim has signed in for a while...still, might gives me a hope in hell of catching up Funny And if Vettel hadn't of had that blowout, I would have got the top 3 right and got bonus points Mad as hell

That Bottas screw up was hilarious. You saw the dude on the reply with that correct tire in his hand all like "I HAVE THE TIR---OK, won't be needing this!" xD
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Rosberg and his wife had a baby girl yesterday Smile
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 am

Jenson Button has called for the immediate introduction of closed cockpits in single-seater motor-racing to avoid any further fatalities.

Button was speaking from the Monza paddock ahead of this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, with the sport mourning another death.

Justin Wilson, who Button competed against in the junior ranks of motor sport as well as in Formula One, died last month after his crash helmet was struck by a piece of debris during an IndyCar race in Pennsylvania.

Wilson's death came only 37 days after Jules Bianchi, the French racer tipped to become a world champion, lost his life following the devastating injuries he sustained at the Japanese Grand Prix in October.

Button said: "It is very sad to see what happened and we are all pretty devastated by it - one because you know the guy and you have raced against him in karting and in Formula One - but also because this should not happen at this time in motor sport. It is not the seventies and we should know better.

"I was always one of many drivers who said this is open-cockpit racing and should stay as open-cockpit racing, but I think we have all had enough now and it is time to do something serious about it."

Henry Surtees, the son of 1964 world champion John Surtees, was killed six years ago when he was hit on the head by a flying wheel while competing in an F2 race at Brands Hatch.

It is almost four years since British driver Dan Wheldon died following a devastating 15-car pile-up in an IndyCar race at the Las Vegas Speedway.

"You have got to get a canopy on the car of some sort because we can't have this happening as much as it has over the past few years since Henry Surtees' accident," Button said. "There has been a lot of head injuries which have ended up in death so it has to change."

Closed cockpits have been trialled previously, but with mixed success. A jet-fighter canopy was tested, but, although it proved successful in deflecting debris, other fears were raised - notably that a driver may be restricted from disembarking his cockpit at speed, and the debris could pose a threat to spectators.

The FIA, Formula One's governing body, is to trial two further concepts at a test later this month, and Button, the most experienced driver on the grid, has called for a change to be made as soon as possible.

"Canopy is probably the way to go but obviously that takes time," he added. "I can't see it happening next year in Formula One and I personally feel that it needs to happen sooner rather than later. In IndyCar it has to happen because they seem to have more issues than we do.

"Every accident there is debris because you cannot get away from the banking when you crash, so it will be good if we can see canopies sooner rather than later."
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:35 am

I know safety is the main priority but I think a closed cockpit would be very boring to watch.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:17 pm

From a safety aspect, I completely understand and agree.

However, doing so just makes F1 like LMP1 cars (Le Mans). I don't think it would make it boring, just would look rather similar. I think they'll think of a better method in time.

If they did do it right now, it'd be in the form of a clear glass bubble, like on fighter jets.
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Damn you Rosberg. If you hadn't blown your engine on the second lasT lap I would have got 60 points for the first 6 correct results and I'd have got the bonus Q for finishing cars SMH
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:02 am

Updated! panic
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:09 am

I AM THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD (for at least a week) yay
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:22 pm

So a bit of F1 news that I think is important

The new Haas Formula One team will give their 2016 car its first official track outing at the opening pre-season test of the year next March. That is according to the American squad’s team principal Guenther Steiner.

In recent seasons even existing teams have often struggled to - or chosen not to - have their cars ready for the first test of the year, but Steiner is confident Haas’s Ferrari-powered machine will be completed in time.

“On 1st March 2016, on the first all-team test day,” Steiner told Formula1.com when asked about its debut. “It could be that we will perform a shake-down one day before - on 29th February - but nothing more is planned so far.”

Next year is expected to see a reduction in pre-season testing, with the three (four-day) sessions of 2015 cut to just two (four-day) sessions - a change that won’t aid Haas’s preparations for their first F1 campaign.

“I wouldn’t say [it’s] a problem - it is what it is,” conceded Steiner, philosophically. “We have to live with it.”

Haas are hoping to announce their driver line-up later this month, with at least one experienced F1 name expected to feature, and will lodge their official entry for next year’s championship with the FIA in October.

.........................................................................................................................

Organisers of the upcoming Formula 1 Gran Premio de Mexico 2015 have revealed that the final corner of the newly redeveloped Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez circuit will be named in honour of 1992 world champion Nigel Mansell.

The Briton, who won the last race at the Mexico City venue in 1992, famously passed Gerhard Berger around the outside of the last turn - then known as Peraltada - during the 1990 race.

The right-hander has been subsequently redeveloped for safety reasons, but the Mexican race organisers say they “couldn’t think of a more appropriate section of the 4.3km track to name after the British racing icon.”

“I have extremely fond memories of racing in Mexico City,” commented Mansell. “The people, the energy and the track itself were all highlights of the F1 calendar back then for me.”

“When I found out about the turn naming of course I was delighted. Flattered, proud and delighted in equal measure.”

“The news instantly brought to mind my unexpected overtaking manoeuvre on Gerhard Berger actually on the old Peraltada section to come in second behind my Ferrari team mate Alain Prost back in 1990 - I can’t believe that was 25 years ago and that it’s been 23 years since my last win at the track.

“I’ve carefully observed what the organisers have been doing and I’m really looking forward to seeing it for myself a little later this year.”

The Formula 1 Gran Premio de Mexico 2015 takes place on October 30 - November 1.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:52 pm

The Mexicans love dat tash The tache
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Manor Marussia F1 have signed Alexander Rossi to drive alongside Will Stevens for five of the seven remaining rounds of the Formula One season.

The 23-year-old American replaces Roberto Merhi, who will join Fabio Leimer as an official reserve driver, although he will race in Sochi and at Yas Marina.

Team principal John Booth said in a statement on the team's official Facebook page: "We are delighted to sign Alexander as race driver. He is widely regarded as a driver who is on the cusp of an exciting F1 career and his current form in the GP2 Series has done much to reinforce his clear potential.

"With that in mind, we are pleased to support his current GP2 commitments while he continues to battle for the championship win, therefore he will race in five of the seven remaining grands prix this season, with Roberto contesting Russia and Abu Dhabi for us.

"Signing Alexander is a continuation of our proud record of providing young drivers with the opportunity to showcase their talents. We believe he will do a great job and look forward to seeing him race for the first time this weekend in Singapore.

"It is also fantastic news for the sport that it will have an American driver again, particularly with the United States Grand Prix on our horizon and now two races in South America, in Mexico and Brazil.

"I know Alexander is very excited about that and we look forward to providing him with the opportunity to show the American public what he can do."

Rossi was a reserve driver for Manor in the latter part of the 2014 season and is currently second in the 2015 GP2 series with three rounds of the championship remaining.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:38 am

Updated!

Utterly pointless round as we both scored the same Funny At least I finally jumped Tim, who isn't even playing now. Go me Indifferent <_<
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Did you see that moron who walked onto the track during the race. What an idiot face palm
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:28 pm

I thought that race was rather boring today. The only funny thing that happened was Alonso ranting on the radio about how Honda's shitty engine is so bad it's like racing in GP2 Funny
Other than that it was very bland
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:49 pm

Renault has announced its intention to take over the cash-strapped Lotus Formula One team.

Lotus' problems came to a head at the Japanese Grand Prix, with members of the team seeking refuge elsewhere at the track and the drivers dining at rival teams.

Around 60 Lotus mechanics were fed in the exclusive Paddock Club, an area which is usually reserved for VIPs, sponsors and guests.

A statement from Renault read: "Renault Group and Gravity Motorsports S.a.r.l., an affiliate of Genii Capital SA, are pleased to announce the signature of a Letter of Intent regarding the potential acquisition by Renault of a controlling stake in Lotus F1 Team Ltd.

"The signature of this Letter of Intent marks Renault's first step towards the project of a Renault Formula 1 team from the 2016 racing season, thereby extending 38 years of commitment of the brand to world's premier motorsport championship series."

The French car manufacturer added: "Renault Group and Gravity will work together in the coming weeks to eventually turn this initial undertaking into a definitive transaction, provided all terms and conditions are met between them and other interested parties."

Meanwhile, the Oxfordshire-based team have won another breathing space in insolvency proceedings brought against them by the taxman.

Mr Justice Birss at London's High Court granted a 10-week adjournment on Monday after hearing a loan agreement had been finalised which meant that UK Revenue & Customs would receive £2.7m this week.

HMRC had applied to put Lotus into administration over unpaid bills relating to PAYE (income tax and national insurance)
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:51 pm

It's what we already knew. But it's hard to watch when the baliffs come knocking at a teams door.
So it's for the best really.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Yeah, but how long will it be before Renault take their ball and go home...yet again? <_<
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:08 pm

Updated! panic

I'm getting closer nervous
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:29 am

realt, so you know, next season I won't do this on here. It takes too much of my time just for us (especially since I started H2H). It was alright with Tim on board, but even then I put too much into it.

Next time, if Autosport's version allows just two people in a league, I'll set one up on there and we'll just have a thread like this to talk about it on here. good job
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:52 am

It's a shame because I really like taking part in this. But I understand with just the 2 of us.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:00 am

Don't worry, we'll still have a thread to talk about it good job

I've signed up to Autosport and you can have custom leagues with just two people, so we'll have one of those next year. I can easily copy and past results into this thread each time.
Back to top Go down
realt
Best in the World
Best in the World

PostSubject: Re: XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015   Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:40 pm

I updated the results for round 15
Back to top Go down

XWA Formula 1 Prediction Game - Season 2015

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next