HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Superhero Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Superhero Movies   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:08 am

I honestly was never into superhero movies. Maybe it's because I grew up in the '90s and watching the George Clooney Batman movie just turned me off them forever.

I did love the The Dark Night trilogy.

I did really like some of the Spiderman movies.

I remember asking in the chat box what I should watch. Nothing in the theaters playing really excited me by their name. Then one guy said "WTF you mean nothing exciting? There's a Captain America movie!"

Well you know I didn't want to insult them but I was a 22 year old man. I don't get excited about what Captain America is up to. It's not like I'm fucking Vince McMahon who gets a boner over guys on steroids.

Sorry but when I'm in a real city with a theater my first choice of film is not a superhero movie. In fact before Batman vs. Superman the only superhero film I watched in the theater was Batman Begins.

I didn't have any reason to not see it. The fans rated as high as 9.5 making it one of IMDB's top movies.

So I go and see the thing. It's alright. I rated a 6/10. Clearly fans overrated it and over hyped the thing. But honestly once the general public got to lay it's eyes on it the rating went down towards 7. Which in my eyes compared to my rating it's not overrated.

I think I'm being a bit prejudice when I see a superhero movie like Iron Man 2 and think "Man I don't spend two hours watching this corny movie." But maybe I'm not. Maybe most of these movies are corny and not good.

Also do you think these movies are just a fad?

Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Movies   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:15 am

You don't have to like everything everybody else does. I like them, but I don't expect you to as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Movies   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Yeah That I wouldnt rage at you for not liking them. I just hate when people complain about them. Like, who cares if there are a lot of superhero movies coming out? If we're paying to watch them, so be it. You don't need to watch them too. Obviously, as a superhero fan, those are my favorite kinds of movies.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
5. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Movies   Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:27 am

But don't you think they making too many as it is? I look at the release dates through 2020 and it's a crazy amount of films.

Here's the dates:

May
Captain America: Civil War
X-Men: Apocalypse

August
Suicide Squad

November
Doctor Strange

February
The Lego Batman Movie

March
A Wolverine Movie

May
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

June
Wonder Woman

July
Spider-Man: Homecoming

November
Thor: Ragnarok
Justice League Part One

February
Black Panther

March
The Flash

May
Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1

July
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Aquaman

October
DC Extended Universe Film

December
Animated Spider-Man Film

March
Captain Marvel

April
Shazam!

May
Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2

June
Justice League Part Two

November
DC Extended Universe Film

April
Cyborg

May
Marvel Studios film

June
Green Lantern Corps

Man I didn't figure it would take that much work to make a list of all the superhero movies coming out in the next 4 years. It's worse than I thought.

I get there's two different comic book companies so there's going to be more than one or two superhero films a year. But if I was a big fan of these characters I'd be worried about the amount of content coming out. Seriously it's like some people don't understand the concept of "I won't miss you if you don't go away."

Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Movies   Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:19 am

Yeah, it is a lot, but I'm sure if you looked at all the YA films they're making, or all the video-game films they're making, you'd get a similar number. As long as people go to see them, they'll keep making more.

There could be a risk of oversaturation though. You could get to a point in the next ten years where they've told all the stories about the big characters they can, and they're having to go to Cactusman or something because he's all they've got left to make a film about.

But again, you don't have to watch them. I couldn't care less about all these "MY DAUGHTER'S FURBY IS POSSESSED BY THE SPIRIT OF SATAN OMGJUMPSCARE" films that come out every month. So I ignore them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Movies   Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:51 pm

There's definitely an oversaturation of the superhero movie genre happening. Nobody is complaining just because it's "too much", it's because it's a fact.
Back to top Go down

Superhero Movies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1