HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Logic in Pro Wrestling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Bull says there isn't any. I think it depends on the promotion. Like if you watch WWE they don't really care so everything's on the table. But watching ROH at least they try to make sense of everything.

I know most normal people view pro wrestling as a joke but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be DDT.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 pm

EVen if ROH tries to make sense of it, it is still pro wrestling. They try to make it feel like a sport, but it isn't. The winners are predeterminer, the moves are staged out. You can put makeup on a pig but at the end of the day it is still a pig.

But even when ROH tries to make logic, they still have no logic. Why would you give someone from the bullet club a match or even a title shot? a invading force that don't work for the company. ROH logic still follows wrestling logic, which is wild logic and pretty much why even care about logic in wrestling? if you like it you like, you don't have to answer if it doesn't make sense.

____________________
Back to top Go down
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:37 pm

I mean why can't a company have both a undead wizard and serious wrestling? why can't a company have something a wacky as the final deletion and try to have serious wrestling? When you try to make logic of anything in wrestling to me is just pointless

____________________
Back to top Go down
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:52 pm

there is room for both the wild and the sane in wrestling. Companies can have one or the other or imo the best choice to have both. It is why wrestling is so great and fun, because it doesn't need to follow logic...it pretty much has its own logic which can change in a heart beat

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:54 am

You don't even watch ROH TV Bruh......

Jay Lethal has a really good reason to wrestle Adam Cole.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Zanon
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1846
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Of course there's logic in Pro-Wrestling. Not for all storylines, but it's not mandatory if the watchers like them.

Remember the "Higher Power Angle"? "HURR IT WAS ME ORCHESTRATING MY DAUGHTER'S SUFFERING SO I COULD GET BACK AT YOU AUSTIN!! HURR!"? That was full of logic wasn't it?

But yeah, who cares if it has logic or not? In the end, if it pleases the audience, that's the main point.
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club
avatar

Posts : 14167
Join date : 2013-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Jimin MarvinLuder wrote:
I mean why can't a company have both a undead wizard and serious wrestling? why can't a company have something a wacky as the final deletion and try to have serious wrestling? When you try to make logic of anything in wrestling to me is just pointless

You mean a storyline that should of ended WITH the match at the compound?
Back to top Go down
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:11 pm

@Dead wrote:
Jimin MarvinLuder wrote:
I mean why can't a company have both a undead wizard and serious wrestling? why can't a company have something a wacky as the final deletion and try to have serious wrestling? When you try to make logic of anything in wrestling to me is just pointless

You mean a storyline that should of ended WITH the match at the compound?


that's booking logic, which is more frustrating then just what is the logic in having the compound at all. Which the compound was fantastic and would have been a good way to end the feud...but whatever it wasn't.


____________________
Back to top Go down
Mr. Smurf
Icon
avatar

Posts : 15257
Join date : 2013-07-23
Location : Smurfville

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:26 pm

@Zanon wrote:
Of course there's logic in Pro-Wrestling. Not for all storylines, but it's not mandatory if the watchers like them.

Remember the "Higher Power Angle"? "HURR IT WAS ME ORCHESTRATING MY DAUGHTER'S SUFFERING SO I COULD GET BACK AT YOU AUSTIN!! HURR!"? That was full of logic wasn't it?

But yeah, who cares if it has logic or not? In the end, if it pleases the audience, that's the main point.
And this is part of what made the Attitude Era so great. It's pretty much the less logic the better - as long as it doesn't just get flat out cheesy. I disagree with making wrestling like a serious sport... they need to make it more like a fantasy movie/TV show: entertainment.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Coach Smurf wrote:
@Zanon wrote:
Of course there's logic in Pro-Wrestling. Not for all storylines, but it's not mandatory if the watchers like them.

Remember the "Higher Power Angle"? "HURR IT WAS ME ORCHESTRATING MY DAUGHTER'S SUFFERING SO I COULD GET BACK AT YOU AUSTIN!! HURR!"? That was full of logic wasn't it?

But yeah, who cares if it has logic or not? In the end, if it pleases the audience, that's the main point.
And this is part of what made the Attitude Era so great. It's pretty much the less logic the better - as long as it doesn't just get flat out cheesy. I disagree with making wrestling like a serious sport... they need to make it more like a fantasy movie/TV show: entertainment.

I like it when it has a nice blend of both seriousness and the TV show feeling to it. Which is why I love lucha underground. They have the TV wild segments with fantasy, scifi, drama feel to them, but the matches are kept as serious matches. The wild scifi elements are never seen in the actual matches.

____________________
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
avatar

Posts : 4969
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 23
Location : Where I Shouldn't Be

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:45 pm

It doesn't really matter whether it's serious or goofy, but they should pick one rather than going back and forth and messing with the audience's heads
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:58 pm

Coach Smurf wrote:
@Zanon wrote:
Of course there's logic in Pro-Wrestling. Not for all storylines, but it's not mandatory if the watchers like them.

Remember the "Higher Power Angle"? "HURR IT WAS ME ORCHESTRATING MY DAUGHTER'S SUFFERING SO I COULD GET BACK AT YOU AUSTIN!! HURR!"? That was full of logic wasn't it?

But yeah, who cares if it has logic or not? In the end, if it pleases the audience, that's the main point.
And this is part of what made the Attitude Era so great. It's pretty much the less logic the better - as long as it doesn't just get flat out cheesy. I disagree with making wrestling like a serious sport... they need to make it more like a fantasy movie/TV show: entertainment.
Yeah The Attitude Era was so great it killed Pro Wrestling.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Jimin MarvinLuder wrote:
I mean why can't a company have both a undead wizard and serious wrestling? why can't a company have something a wacky as the final deletion and try to have serious wrestling? When you try to make logic of anything in wrestling to me is just pointless
I mean you basically watch mostly Sports Entertainment so when it comes to wrestling you probably don't care much about logic I aint bothered

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8645
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Coach Smurf wrote:
@Zanon wrote:
Of course there's logic in Pro-Wrestling. Not for all storylines, but it's not mandatory if the watchers like them.

Remember the "Higher Power Angle"? "HURR IT WAS ME ORCHESTRATING MY DAUGHTER'S SUFFERING SO I COULD GET BACK AT YOU AUSTIN!! HURR!"? That was full of logic wasn't it?

But yeah, who cares if it has logic or not?In the end, if it pleases the audience, that's the main point.
And this is part of what made the Attitude Era so great. It's pretty much the less logic the better- as long as it doesn't just get flat out cheesy. I disagree with making wrestling like a serious sport... they need to make it more like a fantasy movie/TV show: entertainment.
And yet we can see why your FF teams always stink clown
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Yeah That clown

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:25 pm

@MooseNugget wrote:
Jimin MarvinLuder wrote:
I mean why can't a company have both a undead wizard and serious wrestling? why can't a company have something a wacky as the final deletion and try to have serious wrestling? When you try to make logic of anything in wrestling to me is just pointless
I mean you basically watch mostly Sports Entertainment so when it comes to wrestling you probably don't care much about logic I aint bothered


You do know Sports Entertainment and Pro Wrestling are the same thing right? itchy head


____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:31 pm

I take that question like someone asked me if I knew Rock and Rap were the same thing.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8645
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:35 pm

I just don't understand what companies like TNA & WWE is trying to do like 80% of the time. Especially when their logic fuck over talent time-and-time again to the point where they can't get over like they should and wonder why they have shitty ratings.
Back to top Go down
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:36 pm

@MooseNugget wrote:
I take that question like someone asked me if I knew Rock and Rap were the same thing.




for someone who dislikes Vince you sure think like him on this clown




____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
I just don't understand what companies like TNA & WWE is trying to do like 80% of the time. Especially when their logic fuck over talent time-and-time again to the point where they can't get over like they should and wonder why they have shitty ratings.
It's really no wonder guys like Bull think Pro Wrestling should be some kind of cartoon. Until Ring of Honor got bought by SBG there hasn't been a classic pro wrestling promotion on national TV for decades since ESPN stopped airing The Global Wrestling Federation.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Here is a secret Moose, WWE and ROH are more closer to each other than ROH and legit catch wrestling is. WWE and ROH are both Pro Wrestling. Sports Entertainment is just Vince's name changing of what his company really is a wrestling company because he is ashamed of what he made his money in. It doesn't matter if he calls his wrestlers superstars or what he does as Sports entertainment...Vince is still the owner of the largest Pro Wrestling company in the world.

Going to use this saying again. No matter how much make up you put on a pig, it is still a pig.

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:03 pm

You know I realize that Ring of Honor is worked wrestling Bruh......

If you can watch both products and decide they're the same than I can't help you. But obviously that isn't the case because you prefer WWE to ROH. Maybe you're just in the same boat as Burdur and you don't like logic. And that's fine. But you know it isn't the same thing.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:19 pm

or maybe you are too blind to admit that you are full of shit when it comes to this. You know how stupid is really sounds? ROH is Pro Wrestling! WWE is Sports Entertainment! that is really fucking stupid because they are the same goddamn thing. Its like When Daniel Bryan said "John Cena you are a Sports Entertainer! I'm a Pro Wrestler!" and yeah a bunch of smarks cheered along to that...but just fucking think how fucking stupid that sounded.

Here is a Example outside of wrestling. It be like if Steph curry went on TV and said. "Lebron James is a NBA Superstar! I'm a Basketball PLayer!"

____________________
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 18437
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Is this you trying to say all pro wrestling promotions are the same? Come on Bull. You know better than that.

I don't think your example is good at all. So I'll make my own.

WWE is like KISS. They could be great but most people like to go their their concerts for the fireworks and the show.

ROH would be like Motorhead. There's a lot more substance to their music but they don't have the same kinda show as KISS.

Looking at a KISS show is more fun and the music is more fun. Motorhead's serious a lot of the time and they have more to say in their music than lets rock and roll all night.

But you'll probably tell me that I'm fucked up and that both bands make the same kinda loud screaming music.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Gobba-Gulak
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6580
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Logic in Pro Wrestling   Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Moose I thought you would know better then this. Kiss and Motorhead maybe be different styles...but at the end of the day they are both Heavy Metal bands. One maybe more flasher then the other, one maybe more serious...but at the end of the day they are BOTH ARE HEAVY METAL. Just like both WWE and ROH are both wrestling companies. ANd I like you have said before I am stuck in a WWE bubble. Well You are stuck in your little Hipster ROH bubble. You may look down upon WWE thinking it is beneath you because it isn't the type of pro Wrestling you like...but just because you don't like it...doesn't make it any less of a wrestling company that ROH is. You probably believe ROH is the Number 1 Wrestling company in the world because you believe WWE is Sport Entertainment...but news flash Sport Entertainment IS PRO WRESTLING. And WWE IS THE TOP DOG in Pro Wrestling rather your hipster ass likes it or not.

John Cena is a pro wrestler just like Jay Lethal. If John Cena is as good as Jay Lethal is a different question...but the two of them are both pro wrestlers. Hulk Hogan and Terry Funk are both pro wrestlers. Roman Reigns and AJ Styles are both Pro Wrestlers. Daniel Bryan and Stone Cold Steve Austin are both Pro Wrestlers. One maybe flashy and the other more serious...but that doesn't make them any less or more of a pro wrestler.

____________________
Back to top Go down
 

Logic in Pro Wrestling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Request Wrestling Banner

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: Pro Wrestling Universe + Wrestling Media-