HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

DC Extended Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: New Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer Reveals What Unites the Heroes   Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:13 am

Feast your eyes on this new second trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which debuted on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight.

Not only does this trailer reveal more story points, it also shows the threat that makes the Man of Steel and Dark Knight stop warring with each other and unite -- with Wonder Woman! -- against a greater enemy.

The new trailer also gave us a better listen to Ben Affleck's Batman voice, Jesse Eisenberg's take on Lex Luthor, and Clark Kent as a Daily Planet reporter.

What did you think of the new trailer and all its revelations? Sound off in the comments!

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Best trailer to date...though I'm not sold on Wonder Woman yet. Something isn't clicking with me so far Neutral

Still looking forward to this Cool
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy

PostSubject: Batman v Superman: Costume Designer Confirms Flash Appearance, Nightmare   Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:36 am

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice costume designer Michael Wilkinson has confirmed that The Flash will pop up in the superhero film.

Speaking with Omelete (via ComicBookMovie), Wilkinson revealed Ezra Miller's character will show up in Batman v Superman, though don't expect him to stick around for a lengthy cameo.

"Well, I'm not really at the liberty to talk about The Flash right now, but it's something that you'll be seeing in the future in our films," Wilkinson said. "You do get a glimpse of him, of course, in Batman v Superman."

Wilkinson also opened up about a Batman v Superman nightmare scene, which might explain the desert scene in the newest trailer. "It is a different look," he said. "[Director] Zack [Snyder] had a great idea of this sort of nightmare-ish vision, almost a vision of the future, a post-apocalyptic vision.

"It's like a dream that Ben [Affleck] has, so we wanted to, it has almost a Mad Max quality to it where it's like the end of the world, trying to survive and then of course Superman and his minions come, so it's sort of a way of representing the amazing amounts of, the sort of obsessive quality that Bruce Wayne has about the threat of Superman."

There was a lot to wrap our heads around with the newest promo video, so we here at IGN compiled what you might have missed in the Batman v Superman trailer. The superhero film is just months away from release, with the movie set to hit the silver screen March 25th.
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Batman v Superman Rated R… But Only on Blu-ray    Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:43 pm

The massive of success of 20th Century Fox‘s Deadpool at the box office has left many comic book movie fans wondering if we’ll be seeing more R-rated superhero films on the horizon. Today, it looks like we’ve got confirmation that a pretty big one is on the way! Per FilmRatings.com, the MPAA has officially had Zack Snyder‘s Batman v Superman rated R. There’s a bit of a catch there, however, as the film will be released in theaters with a PG-13 rating. The Batman v Superman rated R cut is being held for an upcoming Blu-ray edition titled the Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition. The R rating was given for the extended cut’s “sequences of violence.”

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/659913-batman-v-superman-rated-r#ovwtx1Ux2SurbDxj.99
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:56 pm

YES! I am still gonna watch it in theaters, but I can't wait for this one too.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
5. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:08 pm

I suppose the chances of Batman reciting the Chasing Amy love monologue to Wonder Woman are rather slim?

Shame, that would have been an instant 10/10.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Batman doesn't love. Mad as hell

1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:12 am

So I thought the movie was alright. I didn't like the pacing of the story. I'm giving it a 6/10.

Spoiler:

Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: Warner Bros. Chief Says Ben Affleck's Stand-Alone Batman Movie Is a Go   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:32 am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-chief-confirms-ben-883358

Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed Tuesday his studio is moving ahead with Ben Affleck's stand-alone Batman movie, which the actor will star in and direct.

The studio mogul touched upon the movie when appearing at CinemaCon, the annual gathering of cinema operators in Las Vegas. He touted the record opening of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, which teams Batman (Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) on the big screen for the first time and launches the DC cinematic universe.

"It set up a great foundation for our DC slate, which includes at least 10 movies through 2020," said Tsuijhara. "I'm also excited to know that we will be working with Ben Affleck on a stand-alone Batman movie."

This isn't the first time the prospect of an Affleck-originated Batman movie has been raised. During San Diego Comic-Con last year, The Hollywood Reporter reported that the actor-director was developing a stand-alone Batman project with DC Entertainment chief creative officer Geoff Johns.

And in a recent THR interview with WME-IMG co-CEOs Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell, Whtesell revealed how many movies Affleck has currently signed up for when it comes to DC's Caped Crusader.

"He's contracted to do at least Justice League One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape," Whitesell said, adding, "There's a script that he's written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option."

Batman v. Superman, directed by Zack Snyder, has grossed nearly $800 million to date, despite a steep decline following its record opening.

After Tsujihara's turn on the stage at CinemaCon, Affleck and Batman v. Superman co-star Amy Adams introduced a reel touting the DC cinematic universe.

The stand-alone Batman movie has yet to be officially dated, although there's rampant speculation that it will take one of the two slots Warner Bros. recently reserved for two untitled DC films: Oct. 5, 2018, and Nov. 1, 2019. The other could go to Suicide Squad 2.

"You get your first real taste of this expanding universe," Warners film chief Greg Silverman said in the clip.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Oh man panic

I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Woooo!

1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club

PostSubject: RUMOR: Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN May Take Place In Arkham Asylum   Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:21 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/rumor-ben-afflecks-the-batman-may-take-place-in-arkham-asylum-a143574

Batman-News has come across a very interesting rumour which started doing the rounds this weekend, and while it comes from a source which is very hit and miss (BOF), it's one which is sure to leave you with a lot to think about. Apparently, Ben Affleck's Batman movie - which he's been writing alongside Geoff Johns - will feature the Caped Crusader locked inside Arkham Asylum battling his greatest foes.

However, as Affleck has previously made it clear that his movie will be an original story that borrows elements from past tales, don't expect this to be a direct adaptation of Batman: Arkham Asylum!

While an entire movie set with this iconic location might be a little hard to pull off, it would be pretty interesting to see a big chunk of The Batman set there, especially as previous rumours have pointed to us seeing several of the hero's most iconic villains. Time will tell whether or not this rumour is accurate, but with Comic-Con just days away, we could very well end up learning more about it soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:50 am

Heard about this, sounds awesome to me.

1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:55 am

We're currently watching Suicide Squad. Dick MgCee told me I have to rate my hype, so it's a 10/10. Lets see if the hype train lives up to it.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:01 am

Funny how we all doubted Will as Deadshot, but I think he did a damn good job at proving a lot of us wrong.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:04 am

It lived up to it's hype. I loved Jared Leto's Joker, and every other character was perfect.
... I was a little sad seeing Diablo die like that, but he died a hero.
Suicide Squad 13/10
Back to top Go down
Dick McGee
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:05 am

I thought slipknot really brought the whole group together in their quest to save black bitch. He had the best motivation to keep the team going and their heads straight. 10/10. Chris is slipknot.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm

StraightEdge Rurouni wrote:
Funny how we all doubted Will as Deadshot, but I think he did a damn good job at proving a lot of us wrong.
Yeah Will Smith played Will Smith so well.

Jared Leto as Joker sucked. His voice seemed really off at points.

Why the fuck was Slipknot there? The fucking man who could climb anything. Fuck!

It took forever for this film to get started!

There was a ton of filler but I think Dick downloaded the extended version. So no guys getting the extended version doesn't fix a film. In fact I can't think of any movie where that's the case good or bad.

And I agree with what Chilly was saying. Why did they need to save The World? This could have been some fun plot but in a world with real super heroes we gotta rely on Will Smith who could shoot things and the man who could climb anything?

I could have given this a higher rating but they had to save June Moone. Who gives a fuck about her? I saw her coming back to life but damn it that such a fuck this movie moment.

I probably wouldn't say this much but for whatever reason guys here think this is some kinda classic on the level of Lawrence of Arabia. Which is fine and you guys can share why you loved the film but it works the other way around and I can share why I think it isn't a good movie at all.

The pacing is all fucked up.

The soundtrack is blah a lot of the time.

Will Smith doesn't come off as a bad ass villein. He doesn't.

I'm introduced to a lot of people in this movie but the only person I really liked was Captain Boomerang.

There's so many "because movie" moments.

Okay good things. Captain Boomerang was cool. Slipknot is a hilariously bad villein. There was some funny jokes.

I almost gave this a 3 or 4 out of ten but June Moone surviving pissed me off. I don't know what it is with these DC films. Batman vs. Superman did the same shit. They're making death meaningless. Why the fuck would you do that? 2/10.

Last edited by MooseNugget on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
McClown Town
Icon

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:02 pm

All my friends that have seen this have said it's garbage. I'm not a fan of superhero movies to begin with so I didn't (and won't) even bother watching it.

Icon

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:05 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
I could have given this a higher rating but they had to save June Moone. Who gives a fuck about her? I saw her coming back to life but damn it that such a fuck this movie moment.

I almost gave this a 3 or 4 out ten but June Moone surviving pissed me off.
Moose TJ on Sundays

WTF Its StraightEdge

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:10 pm

I personally found Leto's joker to be a refreshing and different take on the role. I enjoyed it well enough, but I find that I'm better at looking at the character in a vacuum compared to others who will always compare any and all jokers to Ledger.

Honestly, almost none of the villain's necessarily act all that villainy. Boomerang has a few moments, but in the end he still willingly fights with the group. Slipknot was literally only there to show consequences that would keep the likes of KC and Harley from attempting to break free. They got away with that as Slipknot isn't exactly a hot villain everyone wants to see.

The pacing I can agree on, but it didn't ruin the movie for me, and as for why couldn't any other hero do this? That logic literally applies to any and all super hero movies in either DC/Marvel universes. If we use that to judge flaws, then that applies to 90% of films in this genre. Exclusions obviously being like Gotham, where Batman is always the main hero, because that's his thing.

Not attempting to sell a movie to someone who didn't enjoy it, but I do like to point out things I noticed and enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:58 pm

I liked Leto as Joker because I didn't think Ledger was a great Joker. I thought he was a great character and I did love him in that way, but Ledger didn't really use comic Joker, it was a different character inspired by Joker. Leto was more accurate to the comics, but still not perfect. I can't really judge since we barely saw any of him, though. I'll wait till The Batman comes out and hopefully we see more of him.

1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:00 pm

The Joker in this movie really distracted from the plot. What was the point of him at all other than to bait and switch us?

I am Batman
I am Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:03 pm

He was pretty much used to prop up Harley Quinn and show her backstory. Which was something I didn't like, since I don't like Harley Quinn.

1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Honestly given the purpose of the Joker in this film, they should have left cut scenes in. The very little we see between the Joker and Harley makes it seem like almost a healthy relationship, which it isn't.

There is supposed to be a movie that focuses on Harley and Joker after their escape though, not sure if it's The Batman, was pretty sure it was meant to be a movie focusing on Harley as the main protagonist.
Back to top Go down

DC Extended Universe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next