HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Riley Williamson
Main Eventer
Riley Williamson

Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it Empty
PostSubject: Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it   Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm

There has been a lot of talk and controversy on the size and length of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, but we can’t say that Director Hideo Kojima doesn’t feed it all by himself at times: today he called the game a “tutorial” on Twitter.
GZ is more like a tutorial, so fairly small open world, but TPP has much bigger field & changes time/weather giving more tension to players.

Kojima-san also explained his take on how we should play the game to get the most out of it:
Snake in GZ moves smooth as butter. Esp when he points w gun while crawling, and rotate the camera.

How to play GZ. 1st start with main mission & replay in alter course/hard mode or play sideOPS that u opened.

Collect items, patches & play special OPS/trial. Listen to the collected tapes while playing app. Try to get 100%

Some calls it FREE SNEAKING. I’ve been saying it is Real Sneaking Simulator to differentiate other linear games but it’s hard to get it.

To be fair, we checked out the original tweet in Japanese, and he really did say “tutorial” in English (transliterated in Katakana) even there.
One thing is for sure: while I’m getting a whole lot of fun out of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, it’s hard to defend the game when its own creator calls it a tutorial
Back to top Go down
http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Riley_Williamson
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it   Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Just got this in the post today and I don't give two flying fucks if it only lasts two hours or whatever. It's Metal Gear Solid. Nuff said I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Frenchie
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Frenchie

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it   Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:58 am

Only MGS fans will actually be able to appreciate Grounds Zero despite it's length. Newbies to the Metal Gear Solid franchise should buy the HD collection. Too bad if they're X-Bros though.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it   Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:59 am

A tutorial shouldn't be $30.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it   Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 am

It's a kickass tutorial I aint bothered

I completed it in 190 minutes, but it's really fun, so playing through it time and time again never gets old. Plus there are a bunch of side missions to complete too. It came with some DLC code for when The Phantom Pain comes out for those that pre-ordered, so I presume I'll get some free stuff come the time.

One thing I will get annoyed at, however, is if this game comes as part of the Phantom Pain.
Back to top Go down

Hideo Kojima Calls MGS5: Ground Zeroes “Tutorial” for Phantom Pain; Explains How You Should Play it

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: Popular Demand :: Video Games-